Man Kills Baby Daughter 2 Weeks After Adoption

Matthew Scully-Hicks, a 31-year-old insidiousness father is said to have "attacked, mishandled and eventually killed" his 18-month-old received little girl. 

As per The Sun UK, the man is blamed for perpetrating genuine wounds on child Elsie before her demise, only two weeks after he formally received her with his better half, Craig. 

Scully-Hicks, low maintenance health specialist of Delabole, Cornwall, denies killing Elsie at the couple's home in Llandaff, Cardiff. 

Cardiff Crown Court heard that Wales Ambulance Service got a 999 call from Scully-Hicks at around 6.20pm on May 25, revealing that Elsie was lethargic. 

She got emergency treatment from paramedics before being taken to the University Hospital of Wales, where she passed on in the early hours of May 29. 

"It is the arraignment case that the wounds that caused Elsie's passing were perpetrated upon her by the respondent in a matter of seconds before he called the crisis benefits on that day," Paul Lewis QC said. 

"We claim that his assault on her on that day was not the first occasion when that he had utilized viciousness towards Elsie, nor was it the first occasion when that he had caused her genuine damage. 

"We affirm that his activities on the late evening/night of May 25 were the heartbreaking perfection of a course of savagery lead on his part towards a helpless kid - a newborn child that he ought to have adored and ensured, however whom he rather struck, mishandled and at last killed." 

Restorative tests at the healing facility discovered Elsie had endured respective subdural hemorrhages - seeping on the two sides of her cerebrum. 

There was proof of both later and more seasoned seeping in her mind. Hemorrhages were likewise found before both of Elsie's eyes. 

A posthumous examination uncovered that Elsie had additionally endured a few broken ribs, a cracked left femur and a broke skull. 

The court heard that Scully-Hicks has no criminal feelings. 

The couple migrated to Cardiff in 2010 or 2011 - they wedded in Portugal in August 2012 and connected to end up adopters soon thereafter. 

Elsie was expelled from her characteristic mother, a medication client, inside days of her introduction to the world in November 2014, the court heard. She went to live with the Scully-Hicks in September 2015, matured 10 months and the couple formally received Elsie on May 12 2016. 

"Inside two weeks of Elsie's formal selection by the couple, we affirm that the respondent had dispensed deadly wounds upon her," Mr Lewis said. 

Mr Scully-Hicks depicted her physically as being "small and fragile" however with a "reckless and bouncy" identity, the jury was told. 

On November 5 2015, Elsie endured damage to her correct leg when Mr Scully-Hicks was grinding away. 

She was taken to the specialist four days after the fact and a X-beam at healing facility on November 12 uncovered a crack simply over her correct lower leg. 

Mr Lewis said Scully-Hicks gave varying records of how Elsie endured the damage to his significant other and to specialists. 

On December 16, while Mr Scully-Hicks was grinding away, Elsie managed a wound to one side hand side of her brow, and on January 18, 2016, Elsie endured another wound to her head. 

Mr Scully-Hicks got a telephone call from his significant other on March 10, saying he was in an emergency vehicle with Elsie as she had tumbled down the stairs. 

He asserted to have been arranging washing in a room, with Elsie on the floor, before going first floor - shutting the door behind him. 

"He said he had then observed Elsie at the highest point of the stairs, that the child entryway had then opened and that Elsie had tumbled down the stairs," Mr Lewis said. 

Mr Scully-Hicks was working in Leicester at the time however quickly went to Cardiff, meeting the litigant at the University Hospital of Wales. 

Elsie's wounds were thought to be "predictable with a fall ground floor" and she was released home following four hours in doctor's facility, Mr Lewis said. 

On May 25, at 6.18pm, Scully-Hicks required a rescue vehicle, revealing Elsie was not alert or relaxing. 

"I was quite recently changing my little girl for overnight boardinghouse went all floppy and limp," Scully-Hicks told the administrator. 

Amid the 999 call, enduring eight minutes and 22 seconds, Scully-Hicks could be heard saying "gracious my God" and "this is appalling". 

Scully-Hicks supposedly told paramedic Jonathan Aberg that Elsie had "shouted out as in torment, at that point fallen". 

"This was not something that the respondent was ever to reveal to Craig Scully-Hicks, healing facility staff or the police," Mr Lewis said. 

At doctor's facility, Scully-Hicks told police, specialists and his significant other that he had changed Elsie on the floor before the TV. 

He took the messy nappy out to the kitchen, leaving Elsie on the floor and came back to discover her clearly dozing - she didn't react to him and he started CPR. 

"He was by all accounts depicting some kind of unconstrained fall at the times that he was out of the room and Elsie was distant from everyone else," Mr Lewis said. 

Elsie's ventilator was killed in the early hours of May 29 and she passed on at 2.05am.

Post a Comment